Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Slaying the Dragon


Generations of compiler writers have used the Dragon book, either in college or at work, partly because it is well-written, and partly because there wasn't many choices then anyway. Since this book is written by academia, its level of readability I conjectured was on par with the phone directory, but I am glad this conjecture is not valid in this aspect. In fact, the new edition is very readable.


What is shown above is the cover of the second edition of the book, which I bought recently from Clementi bookstore. At least this dragon book is an interesting read, to the point after work everyday I still will pick it up and read a few pages.

On the surface I seem very busy, deep down in my heart I still miss MAK.

I keep hearing the little Cuppa in my head asking "What if she is out there and you only need to email her one more time.......?"

2 comments:

The Soothsayer said...

Face it, you read it not because it's well written but you're a geek. ;)

And I mean it in the nicest possible manner.

Cuppa Chai said...

Thank you. I take it as a compliment ;)