Monday, June 18, 2007

Weekend Lock-Out

"Stuck, stuck, stuck"

The pad lock of my main door was jammed yesterday. After more than 10 minutes struggling with it, I gave up and called the owner. He said he would be there 'soon', which was usually hard to quantify.

Homeless for the mean while, I took a stroll around to visit my feline neighbors. The first one I saw was again the girlie cat just opposite my flat.

I approached and greeted her. Aptly called a girlie cat, that day she wasn't in a really good mode: she just opened a slit in her eyes, gave a lazy meow deep down her throat, and then had her eyes shut most of the time.

Ignorant about how girls feel.

"You wanna talk?"

She turned her face away.

Cared about her and wanted to know what had happened, I further probed her by asking what went wrong. Little did I realize she was growing more and more irritated.

"Fxxx you!!" I heard she shouted at me. Numbed and confused, I stepped back.

A talking cat?

"You shouldn't tell Ah Beng my phone number, you idiot!". Amazing, a phone-wielding cat who knows Ah Beng? Who is Ah Beng anyway?

No, it couldn't be, the sound wave traveled from my back.

I turned, there was a young school girl passing by, talking on her phone. Disappointed, it seemed that cats couldn't talk.

According to Darwin and Hollywood, animals do evolve. Chimpanzees evolve to homo sapiens, bats to batman, spiders to spiderman. But this cat woman is only half-done.

I looked at her, she was in total poise, didn't even raise her eye-brows.

2 comments:

The Soothsayer said...

I see that you're still after pussy. Well, keep up the good work and maybe someday, pussy will be receptive to you.

Cuppa Chai said...

Hope so, gotta buy some dried fish first :P