Thursday, June 07, 2007

Hero No More

Today it was my first project meeting with the rest of the team.

The team lead discussed the strategies and schedules moving forward, and relented there will be some holes in skill sets because two candidates had rejected his offer.

"We need a good QA person who knows statistics..."

In my head I heard a voice: "I am Motorola certified Six Sigma Green Belt with a minor in mathematics"


"Another guy we want him to be able to come out with testing strategies and documentation standards..."

Well... I was the test system architect in Intel, overseeing the whole automated test architecture in entry level network processor drivers...

Three years ago I would have volunteered and taken up these responsibilities, but now, I rather take things slowly.

Mainly the 'long-term relationship' thingie starts to kick into place, although there is nothing much I can do anymore, consciously or not I still allocate some time for her, even though most of the time will end up I stay in the room reading.

Anyway, life as I live through it. :)

2 comments:

The Soothsayer said...

Never understood the belt thingee. They wanna make it like a martial arts or something. So, when are you getting your 1st dan?

Cuppa Chai said...

There are only Green Belt, Black Belt, and Master Black Belt. There are also people who don't elect to get the belt and only trained for basic Six Sigma concepts.

One can get these belts after some courses and a few projects with demonstrable financial/productivity gains, guided by more experience SS practitioners (usually BB or MBB)