Saturday, May 31, 2008

Rain, Rain, Rain


I like raining.

In normal days there are running kids, crazy dogs, inconsiderate smokers, fume-blowing buses, and endless noises, recklessly invading my personal space and torturing all my senses.

Raining is a god-send. It washes away all those irritants; suddenly kids are gone, dogs scramble for cover, smokers stop their acts, and all toxic gases from vehicles are replaced with the refreshing smell of fresh rain water.

Most importantly, rain provides a natural barricade between myself and the rest of the world. I and my umbrella are in our own little happy world. No one shall join and annoy, no one shall leave and despair.

Rain soothes my soul. I love raining. :)

5 comments:

The Soothsayer said...

Throw away the umbrella! It only gets between you and the glorious rain.

Cuppa Chai said...

I thought about that actually, but my phone told me it was that fond of rain water. Maybe I will do that when I have the urge to change phone. ;)

The Soothsayer said...

Time for me to brag about not having a handphone again. Almost 3 years now. It's good to be unreachable on holidays & weekends. ;)

Cuppa Chai said...

Sometimes I hate hand phones, so I turn it off when I sleep. But at other times, I have no choice but to leave it on. :( Yeah so you are a free man. :)

Anonymous said...

I too love Rain.. I wish I can shower under the rain ... heehehe