Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Burning CD with Ubuntu

Recently I have been using my Ubuntu machine frequently.

This afternoon I downloaded the openSolaris 2008.05 iso image. Once I got the file, burning it to a disc is as straight-forward as a few clicks. This post may seem trite to those who use Ubuntu regularly. But for me, the last time I ever seriously used Linux was almost 2 years ago and really Linux has been progressing in leap and bounds, though I have to admit due to the corporate infrastructural issue (read: old systems die hard), even 2 years ago I primarily dealt with RedHat Linux, which IMHO, sucks big time.


OpenSolaris seems promising and I will spend some time to play with it.

2 comments:

The Soothsayer said...

DVDs maybe more of a problem... I had some coasters recently on my lappy. Not sure if it's the fault of the CD or the software.

Cuppa Chai said...

Software is always perfect, your CD sucks :P