Wednesday, February 14, 2007

On Valentine's Day, Sparks Fly

This started in the morning, when I just woke up and still in a blurry state. I heard a big thud sound, but I couldn't discern the source, so I just ignored that, though I noticed the power was out.

It is more than that. First of all, the fuse in my external hard drive power supply was blown. In fact, it exploded and left the plastic cover ajar. The loud noise this morning came from this guy....


When I turned on my computer, I found the wireless router was reset to its factory default. Fine, from all these, I concluded there was a very huge power surge this morning that fried my power supply and reset the router.

The good news amid the bad news is at least I have something to do in the night of Valentine's Day.
Laptop is up to reconfigure the router (left)

Quickly I reconfigured the router and things are in order again. The power supply will be taken care of later when I go out. Will replace a 2A fuse.

At 8:40p.m., I have pretty nothing much to do except blogging. Should I dismantle the fridge and reassemble it to kill time? Wait, I need to pack for my trip home for Chinese New Year. Ok, I have things to do. :)

No comments: