Saturday, December 16, 2006

Other People's Problem

OPP stands for "Other People's Problem", unlike Other People's Money (OPM), OPP isn't something you will enjoy. However in life sometime you are unlucky enough to get trapped in OPP and have to clean up others' mess.

I got this thought after working for the whole Saturday in office, troubleshooting and testing a shit created by other people. The funny thing is the guy who started all this mess didn't come to office. Adding insult to injury is I still got to get back on Sunday. Duh.

Though ranting as I am, this company is at least doing more right things than the wrongs compared to 'Company I' which screws up in every way imaginable. I wonder if Sir Murphy has significant stake in it.

As a corollary of my hypothesis: "when a good employee joins a bad company, usually the latter reigns", I truely belive this applies not only to companies, but also to countries equally well.

No comments: