Tuesday, December 26, 2006

New Year, New Resolutions

I am back from the Singapore. It was quite a pleasant trip which let me to uncover a lot of things about myself, Malaysia, and Singapore. I shall list these one by one.

My original plan was to visit Mr. Snail and hopefully, MAK. No doubt I met snail and he was alive and kicking. My first gratitude goes to him who has played host for the entire duration and survived my MAK-induced mood-swings these few days. Anyway, I will leave this topic alone for the mean while.

Now we have the topic of Malaysia vs. Singapore. There isn't much room to argue in term of positive metrics: economics, competiveness, or competency. One of the items kept echoing in my head has been: why stay in a place where you are not likely to fully utilize your potential? The pressure is there, and I am sure it will be tougher to work in Singapore. Regardless the result, myself, my parents, my PC, and even my cat in heaven will be proud of the fact of at least I have given it a try, and mind you I am confident I am as good as any engineer out there with comparable experience and education level. So just bring 'em on.

Before I sign off, here are some pics of Singapore. :)

Modern art in the exhibition center




Taken from Esplanade

No comments: