Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Some Random Notes

Today I woke up unusually early (5a.m, to be exact). After sitting in front of the computer for sometime, I made a call to continue my I-want-to-talk campaign. After that, I went to McD for breakfast. The coffee is good there. :)

I was back home around 7:15. Still early, I took this opportunity to tidy up my system by deleting some unused files, defragmented the hard drive, and downloaded windows defender. The last item I don't feel is too useful, but to be a bit paranoid, I installed it anyway.

There were some pictures I took the last few weeks, and I posted them here in no particular orders, as a pseudo-diary of myself I guess.

Farewell lunch for my colleague. He went to a greener pasture. This photo was taken by shaky hands of Cuppa

My company has recently had an exodus of engineers and yesterday I found out why: one of the managers was a little bit harsh on his words. Personally I felt okay because so far he has been quite fair and his comments are fact-based. Also his straight-forwardness also grants me equal right to open fire on issues as I see fit. Fair enough :)

Photo-taking-bug bitten Jenny examining her shots

My good old buddy Jenny visited me last week, and delighted I was, I went out to meet up with her. Recounting our old days in secondary school, time really flies and so fast we knew each other for more than 10 years already (and keep counting!!). :D

Recently she is bitten by the travel and photo-taking bug, respectively and came down to Singapore for a visit. While she was busy taking pictures, I just took some test shots using my P1i, which just had a new software upgrade. The effect seemed decent, though it is still weak in low-light scenes. Now my P1i is in a much more usable state compared to the time when I first bought it. Hey, it is after 1 year+ and 2 software upgrades.

Lesson learned: Don't buy hot new gadgets. Wait for at least 1/2 year.

Another shot taken at Clarke Quay. These are amusement facilities "The Reverse Bungie Jump" and "Extreme Swing" (if I remember correctly)


I saw my colleague wearing this T-Shirt during our BBQ party. He bought this from Thailand. Very interesting indeed. ;)




Mommy cat (yellow) and her two kittens

Saw two kittens while on my way home. They were playful and ran around like monkeys. Since they didn't allow me to get close, I could only take a picture from afar.

No comments: