Saturday, March 15, 2008

Random Notes

On Malaysia:
When I logged on to Live Messenger, my friend sent me a note about racial injustice in Malaysia.

I read the first few items, shook my head, and ignore the rest. Why bother?

On Relationship:
There is a new girl in my office, she just graduated from polytechnic and is young and vibrant. When she told me she is only 20, my mind wandered back to Purdue. Back to year 2000 when she was also 20 then. All the scenes raced back to my mind. I could still remember we talked outside MSEE, under the tree at Grissom Hall, walking beside Porter while she was eating a cup of Yogurt... Those deeply buried memories mounted another round of foray when I was least prepared. Maybe it is true the more you care about somebody, the less that person will appreciate.

This reminds of a famous saying by Bob Hope "bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it". Think about it. Rings true beyond banks.

On Future Prospects:
The engineering jobs are going into a decline world-wide. I think a soul-searching is imminent to see if I want to stay on. For now, I still see no reason to do something that I don't completely enjoy. Working a 60-hour-week is not something I will appreciate if I don't like the job.

I have so many variables on the table: my parents, myself, my career, world peace, etc.

You may ask how does the family value that I mentioned earlier fit into the picture. I don't know......

No comments: