Saturday, April 21, 2007

War of Brains

Upon reading this title, you may start to think I am going to talk about brain drain, competition for talents, or even on information warfares. No, not this time. Instead, my focus will be much smaller and microscopic: myself.

The date of departure to Singapore is drawing nearer and nearer. My brain starts to kick into high alert mode to arrange for the schedules, plan things out, and try to optimize logistics. As you can see, all these require logical thinking, and naturally my left brain reigns all this while.

I am not sure how to frame all these, but I feel I have two 'personalities': one is a more linear-thinking, logical, engineer-like me, whom I call him by the name 'left brain', while another is a sentimental, cleverer, very moody, and (hopefully) more romantic twin whom I call as 'right brain'.

Starting from the date I interviewed until now, my left brain has taken over most of the thinking. Most probably I will need him for the first month or so when I am in Singapore, please forgive me if I appear harsh, linear, and not attentative. I am writing this using the remaining influence from my overriden right brain. This doesn't mean it is the end of my right brain, for those who know me long and deep enough, each of my brains will reign for some time, taking turns for vacations, so to speak.

Therefore when you see a sudden change of tone and mood in my writing, here the rightie reigns again. :)

No comments: