Monday, April 23, 2007

Random Notes

Monday blue, today I aimlessly browsed many websites, some of those were related to my immediate objective: trying to rent a room near my office in Eunos. Now I am planning on the logistics of moving my stuff. Three year worth of stuff. Sigh...

The other websites I read were more random, but still useful. I came across a blog by one of my colleagues, and learned that recently (March 07) he was allowed to transfer to the Advanced Technology Group (ATG), which is a R&D group doing proof-of-concept, 'futuristic' stuff. This confirms my gut-feeling: my current group is drifting into insignificance, and its size is being systematically reduced. My departure is timely. However I have a debate in my head: Leaving is always easy, the hardest part is to stay on and fight against the odds. This, in turn, is balanced by the need to spend time on things that matter the most. Family ranks high in this regard.

From the blogs, I also realize some of my colleagues are party animals. Honestly I don't mix well with others. I can if I want to (tried and true), but most of the time I just found the conversations silly. However when at home I also stare at the computer, not particularly productive. Anyway, I have no intention to push myself to socialize more though.

If staying home is what I myself prefer, I won't crowd myself out of that.

Came across the list of victims of the Virginia Tech shooting in New York Times, saddened by the tragedy. The need for gun control is being raised again after being shot down countless times. Personally I don't believe this is the cure for violences. The root cause lies else where, and in fact, the society and the government should be examined as a whole. Controlling guns is more a band-aid solution.

The world is getting messier and messier...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks great!