Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sunday Activities

10:00 Woke up, went out to have breakfast. Bought a copy of newspaper and found out the news isn't pretty as usual.


11:30 Rolled my sleeves and cleaned up my PC. Reassembled the components to make it saner and to make myself happier.


System before clean up


My PC before the clean up
System during clean up

12:30 Cooked a veggie broth and had a quick lunch

13:00 My DVD writer was set as slave, conflicting with another IDE hard drive, reset it as IDE master. Voila, now they can play well together. Boy, the system is as hot as a radiator, too bad there is no winter in Malaysia.


14:30 Put everything back.
System after clean up (OK, still quite messy, untameable entropy)


14:45 Started to install Slackware 11.00
Package installation WIP

15:15 It is obvious the testers at slackware didn't test the packages on internationalization because many language packs are broken.

16:00 After I deselected the internationalization bundle everything ran fine.

17:00 Windows didn't boot properly, nvm, I went out hiking and decided to handle it after dinner

19:00 Had dinner. Windows failed to boot because after installation, the user has to manually toggle the boot flag through fdisk and reruns lilo to write the configurations back. Did that, reboot, Windows logo appeared.

19:15 I have a dual boot machine with XP and Slackware 11.00

No comments: