Monday, October 09, 2006

Review of Moto Razr V3i



I just got myself a Motorola Razr V3i , and here I will share what I have found (4 days so far).
Here is the actual picture of my phone taken with a Sony Ericsson K750I:


Hardware Stuff:
Pros:
  • Slick exterior, cool look
  • Most of the components are robustly built and solid. Speaker phone is clear
Cons:
  • The earphone has no music control buttons on it, so everytime I have to flip open the phone to press on the controls. A hassle when listening to music
  • Picture taken with built-in camera is nearly useless (more on this later)
Software Stuff:
Pros:
  • Airplane mode is useful
Cons:
  • The settings menu is very confusing because although most things can be configured there, email and sms settings are in another configuration menu. Until now I can't find where to configure the GPRS interface...
  • Alarm has only two states: active and it will make noise daily, or disabled and make no sound at all. The user should be able to select on what days the alarm should be active, and if possible, recurrent for a specific duration
To be continued later.... Before I sign off, here are some pictures I took with v3i:


2 comments:

The Soothsayer said...

Obviously you took the photos on a hazy day or you took them before eating breakfast, hence the shaking hands and blurry images. ;)

But I guess the alarm software really sucks. Who'd want a simplistic alarm like that?

Cuppa Chai said...

Nope... these photos were taken with very steady hand (as steady as I could after a few cans of beer). But note that day was the worst 'smoky' day in MY where our beloved neighbour exported a lot of high quality smokes to Asia

The complaints on my phone doesn't stop there actually...