Thursday, February 21, 2008

Changes are in the wind

I feel I am getting more and more unrested these days.

Maybe it could be Singapore's non-stop traffic, or the meow'ing from near-by cats, or my recent promotion, or my decision of deliberately not emailing someone, or the urge to travel the world, or the need to change jobs, or or..., the fact that I am hitting 30 very very soon.

When I hit 20, I flew out from my hometown and gave US a spin. Picked up a degree or two, made a few pig-dog good friends, cooked some classic stir-fry dishes(read: fried broccoli with beef, and fried beef with broccoli) that can make F.Stream or Mr. Snail questioned in disbelief "You cooked broccoli again!???!! Can we eat out for this meal then....?", and looked at world from different angle and perspective.

I have been working for close to 5 years now. In retrospect, time really flies. In these years I have learned alot of new things, but in the process I also realize how much things I don't know. At this juncture of hitting 30-year-old, futile as it may seem, I am trying to seize the moment and do something. Just as a gesture, an attempt to nail a stake at the river of time.

But what next??

I have pondered quite a lot on what to do next. However I still fail to reach anything concrete and therefore a closure to my never-ending adventure to the jungle of life.

Luckily this jungle still has computer for geeks like me. May god bless your computer never crash. Beep.

2 comments:

Jimmy L. said...

Congratulations!

May your road to CTO be smooth and paved with doting women!

May cash and tradeable market securities always reach your pocket in time!

May your boss correctly estimate your NPV!

Cuppa Chai said...

Oh thank you!

May the boss know how to use DCF correctly... :P