Thursday, January 25, 2007

Status Upgrade


With the arrival of this little baby, my status is upgraded..... [drums rolling...]

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I am now someone's UNCLE! Correct, this baby is my niece. My brother is now a very proud father.

Once seen a (cute) baby, the usual question is "What is the name?"

Well, for some reason this girl has no name yet, except I know she is in the Cuppa Chai clan. Her parents are still scratching their heads and trying hard to think a decent name. I and my parents have joined the party by throwing in names we can think of: "How about Mei Li?", "Too common? How abt Mei Eng?", "Xin Jie?", "Xin Ling?", "Ok, cut it short, call her Cutie then". The debates continue until today and after throwing some inputs, I gave up and let her parents to worry about the rest.

So here I am, an uncle. Well, is that a good news? Definitely, but when I called my brother, his question nailed me: "Hey man, when will be your turn?" He reminded me I am no longer young and even taunted me "I am married at your age dude!". Well...

Dear Reader, I am pretty sure I can answer this question soon... [wink wink]

But not sooner (as communicated earlier) ;)

4 comments:

Jimmy L. said...

I thought names are decided on birth woh? Birth certificate no write name can meh? How can?

Cuppa Chai said...

I think the parents will have 2-4 weeks to get the certificate after a child's birth.

The Soothsayer said...

free chai... why change your status? be free as your name suggests. otherwise, you'll need to be caged chai

Cuppa Chai said...

Only status in my kindred changed. This is independent from my mental status. :)